Please enable Javascript to visit our page. Sorry, our site is only available from a browser which accept Javascript.
Wacom Europe GmbH – Europark Fichtenhain A9 – D-47807 Krefeld – http://www.wacom.eu

Cintiq 12WX "A supported tablet was not found on the system"

Cintiq 12WX "A supported tablet was not found on the system"

Postby D_arkTrooper » Tue 27. Mar 2012, 14:36

Hi.

I've just treated myself to the 12WX tablet having come from an Intuos3 and seem to be having a nightmare to get it working properly.

I have the tablet connected to my (Windows 7 64bit) desktop pc and it shows as a secondary monitor without any problems (with both VGA and DVI).

The (latest) driver seems to have installed fine and the tablet shows in the Device Manager.

Touching the tablet with the pen moves the cursor and triggers the blue light seemingly without issue and I can generally move the cursor etc.

However, when I select Wacom Tablet Properties, I'm immediately given an error saying "A supported tablet was not found on the system" so I'm unable to actually use the tablet as intended.

I've tried various times removing the driver and rebooting etc. but end up with the same result each time. I'm at a complete loss as to what I have to do to get the Cintiq working correctly and fear I've just blown a HUGE amount of money on something I'm never going to be able to use.

Has anyone got any ideas on how to cure this issue?

Many thanks in advance.
D_arkTrooper

Re: Cintiq 12WX "A supported tablet was not found on the sys

Postby Wacom » Tue 27. Mar 2012, 15:13

You are using tablet driver version 6.20 ? Did you try to remove the tablet settings (with the preference utility from Start menu -> Wacom tablet) ? And, the pointer is (more or less) under the pentip when you place the pen on the tablet ? Otherwise the tablet operates only as mouse and the driver is not active.
Wacom

Postby D_arkTrooper » Tue 27. Mar 2012, 17:41

Just to confirm, it is the pro620-w5 driver I am using at present, although I had the same issues with the driver which came on the included CD.

Using the Preference Utility to remove the tablet settings unfortunately made no noticable difference. The pen seems to work normally otherwise. Where ever I touch on the screen, the cursor immediately appears at that location and is only a millimeter or 2 away from the actual contact point. Obviously I would resync this properly though if the software would actually detect the tablet properly.

Really scratching my head with this one :-s
D_arkTrooper

Postby Wacom » Wed 28. Mar 2012, 08:27

Try to remove the settings for 'all' users with the utility. You can also search on your system for any file tablet.dat, wacom_tablet.dat, and wacom.dat and remove those, then restart the driver. It is possible that you have such a file still on the machine from an older driver version.
Wacom

Postby D_arkTrooper » Wed 28. Mar 2012, 11:13

Thanks for the replies.

I had already tried deleting the settings fo all users before hand which still resulted in the same error. Also removing the driver and the files mentioned still met with the same result.

I'm wondering if it's a anything to do with the fact I had previously installed the driver for my Intuos3 tablet and somehow something has corrupted when the Cintiq driver has been installed.

I know the Cintiq tablet itself is fine as I've now had it fully up and running on my laptop. Just need the desktop (which is what I intended to use it on) to play ball now ;-)
D_arkTrooper

Postby Wacom » Wed 28. Mar 2012, 13:29

It is possible that some parts of the earlier driver were not removed and cause trouble. Unplug the tablet (USB cable), uninstall the driver and restart. Check for remaining Wacom entries in device manager and remove them. Then attach the tablet and install the driver. I would try the 6.15 version and update later perhaps.
Wacom

Postby D_arkTrooper » Wed 28. Mar 2012, 13:58

Ok, I've totally removed the 6.20 driver and removed all traces of it from the system. The 6.15 driver was downloaded and installed and upon reconnecting the tablet the same "A supported tablet was not found on the system" error message appeared when I tried running the Tablet Properties app.

Also tried removing all preferences again - same result
As well as tried connecting the tablet directly to the pc motherboards USB sockets - same result.

I fear a complete format and reinstallation of Windows and iTunes is fast approaching :-(
D_arkTrooper

Postby D_arkTrooper » Wed 28. Mar 2012, 14:53

Just been having another read from the manual and again came across this particular part from page 14:

Next, turn on your computer.
For Windows: Cintiq will automatically install as a default monitor. To identify the unit as a pen
display and install the color calibration profile:

For Macintosh, a color profile is added to your color management system during the driver
software installation process. To activate this color profile for use with Cintiq, you may need to
select the Cintiq profile in the system’s ColorSync Utility control panel. For details, see the color
management information in your operating system and application documentation.
A) Open the CONTROL PANEL folder.
For Windows 7 and Vista, under APPEARANCE AND PERSONALIZATION select ADJUST
SCREEN RESOLUTION.

• For Windows XP, open the DISPLAY PROPERTIES control panel and select the
SETTINGS tab.
If you have more than one monitor, click IDENTIFY MONITORS to determine which display
corresponds to the pen display. Select the number corresponding to Cintiq.
B) Click ADVANCED SETTINGS....
C) Select the MONITOR tab and click PROPERTIES.
D) Select the DRIVER tab and click UPDATE DRIVER.... An update driver dialog or Wizard will
appear.
E) Insert the Wacom Pen Tablet Driver CD. If the Wacom Tablet installation menu displays,
close it.
Windows 7 and Vista:
• Select BROWSE MY COMPUTER FOR DRIVER SOFTWARE.
• Enter the drive letter for the Wacom Pen Tablet Driver CD and click NEXT.
• After the installation is complete, close any open control panel windows.

Now this triggered alarm bells the first time I read it on the downloaded manual I had before I bought the tablet itself and am still confused by what is described there.Does this have any reference to the issue I'm having?

When I first tried installing the drivers, I was trying to follow the instructions above but whenever I pointed the browser to my CD drive to install the monitor driver, the only thing that would happen would be a message popping up saying that Windows had already detected the best driver (Generic PnP Monitor) and I couldn't do anything else. I tried extracting the driver file into a folder and pointing the browser at the various subfolders but again, it failed to install any new driver.

**Edited just to say that I didn't do ANY of the above to get the tablet working on my laptop**
D_arkTrooper

Postby Wacom » Wed 28. Mar 2012, 16:31

There is no driver for the display on the CD, only a color profile. There is of course a driver for the tablet portion.

Regarding the display portion: this should be ok of course as a Plug&Play monitor, but it is better if it is detected as Cintiq. For this check your graphics driver for an option 'synchronize with monitor EDID' (or similar). - I cannot say if that affects the tablet defection problem, this should operate seperately.
Wacom

Postby D_arkTrooper » Wed 28. Mar 2012, 19:12

Hmmm.....Doesn't seem like I'm having much luck with your last suggestion.I have the latest Catalyst drivers for my 6950 card BUT also have Intel gfx if I use the motherboards inbuilt chip set.I don't seem to find anyway to sync with the monitor EDID using either of them.

Incidently, I have tried using both the AMD and Intel gfx settings to setup my Cintiq with the same result.
D_arkTrooper

Next

Return to Cintiq / PL

Wacom Europe GmbH – Europark Fichtenhain A9 – D-47807 Krefeld – http://www.wacom.eu