Please enable Javascript to visit our page. Sorry, our site is only available from a browser which accept Javascript.
Wacom Europe GmbH – Europark Fichtenhain A9 – D-47807 Krefeld – http://www.wacom.eu

Problems with CTH-670

Problems with CTH-670

Postby StefanY » Sun 22. Apr 2012, 09:57

Hi,

I recently bought a Bamboo Pen & Touch Fun, and after installing the Dock and the drivers, the Pen itself still does not work although using a finger does. The tablet detects the pen when it is placed over it (the light turns on), but the mouse does not move, and when opening the CTH-670 in the Devices section of the control panel, I am given the message "There is a problem with your tablet driver. Please reboot your system. If the problem persists reinstall or update the driver." Also, in the Dock, it does not detect that I have a Driver installed at all, and even after using the "Install Driver" prompt, it still does not work.

I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit with a SSD (C:\) and HD (D:\) (Installed onto SSD), and have tried to reinstall the drivers and the dock multiple times, with no changes to the issue.
StefanY

Re: Problems with CTH-670

Postby reny » Sun 22. Apr 2012, 17:43

Hi,

I have bought exactly the same Bamboo and exactly the same computer and have exactly the same problem. And when I downladed the newest driver and tried to install it after a few seconds there came an error message that the installation requires internet connection. I have no problems with the internet connection at all and I don't understand why the program cannot connect to the internet. I tried it several times, tried to reboot the system several times. Nothing changes!
reny

Postby Wacom » Mon 23. Apr 2012, 14:19

The driver does not need or use any internet connection. It is another program (BambooDock), that downloads latest driver and tutorial. - If that fails, download and install only the driver, not the installer package with all the extra stuff.

When the tablet properties panel cannot be opened, go to Start menu -> Bamboo and 'remove' the tablet settings with the preference utility. Usually then it works. - If not: unplug the tablet, uninstall the driver and restart Windows. Go to device manager and remove any remaining Wacom entries there, especially WacomVirtualHID under Human Interface Devices. Also remove remaining files wintab*.* from SYSTEM32 and SYSWOW64 (on 64bit Windows) as well as any pen_tablet.dat files, which may still exist on the machine. Then attach the tablet to a USB port in the back of the machine (not through a hub or dockingstation), log in with an admin user account, then download and install the latest driver version, currently 5.25 (or 5.26 on Macs).
Wacom

Postby StefanY » Tue 24. Apr 2012, 09:27

I followed all the above instructions, I deleted all the stated files and uninstalled all Bamboo/tablet software, but after plugging in the tablet into the back of my PC (directly into the motherboard) and installing the latest driver, I still am presented with the "There is a problem with your tablet driver. Please reboot your system. If the problem persists reinstall or update the driver." when I attempt to open the Bamboo Preferences or when I try to access it through the Devices and Printers section in the control panel, as well as having the same problems (pen being detected but not moving mouse).
StefanY

Postby Wacom » Tue 24. Apr 2012, 12:47

Did you have another tablet or driver installed before ? Did you try to remove the tablet settings with the preference utility (under Start menu -> Bamboo) ? There is no error noted in device manager ? Can you try the installation in Windows safe mode - or on another computer ?
Wacom

Postby reny » Wed 25. Apr 2012, 00:10

And me, I tried to follow your instructions and then installed only the driver from the website. The tablet did not work after that. Then I installed everything again from the cd and the tablet worked. When I reboot the system the tablet stops working, only touch works. I get the error message "The tablet driver is not running." Also I get the message that Adobe Air does not work although I reinstalled it several times by now. And I even installed the tablet with the cd without deleting anything, it simply took less time for the tablet to get installed, and it worked after installation until I rebooted the system.
reny

Postby Wacom » Wed 25. Apr 2012, 08:52

Sometimes the tablet driver starts too early and the connection is not ready yet. Sometimes another driver or software interferes during start. When you remove the tablet settings as suggested, the driver is restarted. If that works, you can set the service for the tablet (TabletServicePen) to start delayed, or you can use the utility to create a backup of the current settings. Doubleclicking on the backup file will then also start or restart the driver.
Wacom

Postby StefanY » Fri 27. Apr 2012, 08:20

I cannot open the Bamboo preference utility or the tablet in the device manager without the "There is a problem with your tablet driver. Please reboot your system. If the problem persists reinstall or update the driver" message coming up. I'll try it in safe mode, I don't have another computer to access.
EDIT: Also, I had no previous tablet installed.
StefanY

Postby Wacom » Fri 27. Apr 2012, 12:11

I am not sure we talk about the same thing: In Start menu -> programs -> Bamboo the a Bamboo preference panel for the setting plus a separate utility which is a separate program. It has options to save, restore or remove the tablet settings. There is no driver needed to show this dialog. With the remove option this program stops the service 'TabletServicePen', (that you can find in Windows services), then deletes the file pen_tablet.dat for the selected user(s) and afterwards starts the service again. This additional utility does not need a running driver and I am not aware of any possible error message. If it does not run, removing the pen_tablet.dat and restarting the machine has the same effect.
Wacom

Postby StefanY » Fri 27. Apr 2012, 12:52

Ok, so after booting my computer into safe mode, plugging in my tablet, and installing the drivers, all the same problems have remained. After opening the properties of the various Wacom devices in the Device Manager, I would like to confirm that these are the right driver files for each.
Under "Mices and other pointing devices"
Wacom Mouse Driver File Details
C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\mouclass.sys
C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\mouhid.sys
C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\wacommousefilter.sys
One of the things I found odd was that the top two driver files are provided by Microsoft Corporation, should this be the case?
Under "Human Interface Devices"
Wacom HID Digitizer
A message "No driver files are required or have been loaded for this device" appears after the "Driver Details" button has been pressed
Wacom HID Pen
A message "No driver files are required or have been loaded for this device" appears after the "Driver Details" button has been pressed
Wacom Virtual Hid Driver
C:\Windows\system32\Drivers\wacomvhid.sys
EDIT: I made a mistake earlier, and was able to use the preference utility to remove the files.
StefanY

Next

Return to Bamboo

Wacom Europe GmbH – Europark Fichtenhain A9 – D-47807 Krefeld – http://www.wacom.eu